Monday, April 30, 2007

Phillies Notes: Ryan Howard, Baseball Diva

While scouring YouTube for some more Andrew Bird videos, I learned that Ryan Howard was a guest on David Letterman's show earlier this month. How this slipped by me I'll never know, but for now I'll blame my roomie's preference for watching the depressing, hollow shell of a man that used to be Jay Leno.

Now, in light of everything written about Big Ry this spring, check out this video of Jimmy Rollins and Howard arriving at the show:



I'm sure his phone call was very important. Maybe it was a holla from Jared the Subway Guy.

- Just when I start bitching about lineups, Laid-Back Charlie throws this doozy at me. Rowand leading off? J-Roll in the Bobby Abreu Position? Wes Helms at first?

The inmates are truly running the asylum, because it's hard to tell what anyone's roles are anymore. Carlos Ruiz and Rod Barajas (despite attending the School of Hitting) seem to switch off every day. Whenever Jayson Werth gets playing time, he shows he's just as capable as Pat Burrell, or at least Shane Victorino. And no matter who gets called to pitch the 9th inning, it's always a headache. Your latest victim: Antonio Alfonseca.

- Speaking of losing, there's still plenty of time to enter the official "Baker Bowl Road to 10K" pool. The magic number is now 30 losses and counting. The rules are at the end of this post.

I should also clarify that I really do have the Nomar bobblehead--my fee for temporary Dodger fanhood services rendered, namely booing the shit out of Barry Bonds. Because he's just rude.

1 comment:

Mick said...

holy SHIT, fatass Antonio Alfonseca is still pitching?? he was the bane of my existence in '02/'03. if he came into the game, you knew you were sunk. you just can't trust 250 pounds of bullshit.