Monday, April 2, 2007

Joakim Noah, God of Thunder

Let's be real: like a Florida team returning all the key elements of last year's champions was going to lose to an Ohio State team featuring a relative of Sideshow Bob and a middle-aged Bill Russell.

Greg Oden really seems to be attracting a lot of ambivalence lately. My pal Slo-Mo, doing his best Napoleon Dynamite impression, remarked: "When I think about him, I think of the Norse god. Not basketball." Whatever that means, it's not entirely good.

He will, however, feature prominently in this year's schmaltzy "One Shining Moment" montage. For those who don't particularly like CBS's unique form of audio-visual torture, I offer an infinitely better montage from the legendary intramural leagues of Syracuse University.



Because, quite frankly, I'd rather see a chubby kid getting mercilessly stuffed in the paint than another Aaron Brooks jumper.

No comments: